Wednesday, January 20, 2010

'But you love what you do!?'

At a recent event...
'So what do you do?'
x - 'I'm an investment banker etc.... I'm always working or traveling.. I'm exhausted'
What do you do?
me - 'I'm a photographer'
x - 'but that means you love what you do!?' almost to say how is that possible?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It is possible to love your job. I love what I do and I do it for myself because it makes me happy. So so happy. I'm glad I figured this one out before getting stuck in the job which I was going towards. Yes that would have been more offbeat then regular jobs still, but I don't see how I could have been at a desk executing ideas... although a steady income might have not been bad.

Life is about having no regrets and I certainly have none. I know the path I'm on is the right one.

3 comments:

purplepinking said...

Fortunately the ability to "choose" what makes you happy is the best option to have already.A lot of those stuck in jobs they don't enjoy may not have chosen it but may have had to do it for the same "stable income" you talk about.Its good to see even those make the best of it and have fun while they are at it.Until then,cheers to you,footloose and freebird:)

Chhandak said...

Here's to...
earning some more..travelling a lot more and doing more of what we already love doing. \m/

penelope haque said...

gulp! {blushing}
hmmm... how uncanny. lol
hope you are keeping well.